Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Emaciated

Today,
On my way home,
Someone i know,
Mentioned in passing,
That i look emaciated.
Once safely at home,
My dad commented that i'm damn skinny now.
Told me to look in the mirror and recognise the skeleton.
Sigh......
Am i really that skinny?
Maybe i've really lost weight.
It's been some time since i last weighed myself,
And i havent been working out dutifully.
The funny part about all this?
Most people who noticed that i 'look' skinnier,
Seem to draw their conclusions from my supposedly more protruding cheekbone.
Is a tauter cheekbone/face really a compelling sign of weight loss?
*double sigh*
I did look long and hard into the mirror,
And the eyes that looked back seem listless.
A little jaded and cynical and passionless.
And i'm all bones,
And lifeless.
It'll be exaggerating to say that i dont recognise myself in the mirror,
But i've gotta admit,
It's really hard to see oneself,
Literally.
Maybe my topsy turvy sleeping habits is catching up with me.
All those late nights,
Arent doing my well-being a whole deal of good.
I should get to bed now.
Sleep beckons.

No comments: