Saturday, May 08, 2004

Procrastination Strikes Back

Lemme recount a story of mine,
Of how procrastination can bite you back,
Long after the process of actual procrastination was over.
I was applying online for a new passport,
Coz my old one expiring liaoz.
Which means i need to make the payment online via debit card.
The passport costs $60 by the way.
But dear old me couldnt be bothered to activate my new debit card,
Which i replaced in January.
So in fact, i've got the damn card,
But it's not activated, so i cant make purchases or payments.
So after the long tedious process of filling in my particulars,
As well as cropping and resizing of my pix for my new passport,
They all came to nought as i cant make the payment.
Damn!
Somemore, my parents were sleeping so i didnt wanna wake them up.
I refused to give up.
Then bright old me thought of a plan.
"Damn! I'm good!" I said to myself.
Plan: Internet transfer the $ to friend's acct, then use his/her card to make the payment.
Ah....
Here's the catch.
I asked 4 out of the 22 people online,
But to no avail.
T has got only $7 in his acct,
But even though he agreed,
DBS bloody failed me.
I couldnt make a 3rd party transfer.
Something wrong with their server or something.
Damn!
G doesnt have a debit card.
And the other 2 rejected me outright.
Hmm......
I am tempted to wail and rail at the world,
But i understand their apprehension in providing sensitive particulars,
Like credit card no and expiry dates.
And i understand too,
That the whole problem arose from my initial procrastination.
So i can only slam myself.
Damn again!

No comments: