Thursday, August 26, 2004

Marathon

The bummer and slacker,
Who owns this blog,
Has gone ahead,
And signed up for the Standard Chartered Marathon,
On 5th Dec.
*applause please*
http://www.singaporemarathon.com/2004/index.html
For like-minded crazy people, like me,
You all can sign up at this link.
It's been probably a year since i last ran any distance covering more than 20km,
Yet this time round,
I've decided to run a marathon.
I've never ran 42km before in my entire life,
And i do consider it an ambitious project.
I'm not sure if my aging legs could carry me that far anyway.
Of coz i have to thank Timmy for making it possible for me to participate.
But why him?
It's a secret between the two of us.
*hints to Tim that he better not reveal anything lest he loses his precious jewels*
Anyway, as i was saying,
There is a reason why i'm running this marathon.
I juz wanna push myself physically to the limits,
But of coz,
I wanna improve my personal discipline as well.
How better to do so,
Than paying $35 to run a marathon when one is pretty broke?
Now i'll have a very good reason to stop procrastinating my sporadic desires to jog.
I have 3 months to train for it,
Which would require hell lots of discipline,
With my exams finishing only on 1st Dec(i think).
So Jase,
You can start bugging me to train together with you,
Since we are running together on that day,
And you better not 'fly aeroplane' and run with someone else.
I just saw the map,
And my word,
It's freaking long.

No comments: