Sunday, August 01, 2004

Catharsis

Last night,
This time,
I was having a severe mood swing.
Probably caused by the accumulation,
Of pretty small but irritating stuff,
Over the day.
Plus the fact that i'm lacking my much-needed sleep.
The long silent walk around campus,
Made me ruminate a little,
And i asked myself questions.
Questions that i probably could've answered,
If i had dug deeper,
But ultimately did not.
Earlier in the day,
I took my IPPT,
And achieved my Gold,
However,
The overcoming of this physical challenge,
Is tempered by my inablilty to triumph over personal flaws,
Which irks me more than anything else.
The odd melancholy would have lasted throughout the night,
If not for the silent understanding that i received,
The thoughtful sms which i couldnt reply to,
And the smile that dispelled the gloom.
So i'm thankful.
And i'm 'purified'.
Sometimes,
All a man needs is just some encouragements,
And lots of silent understanding.
Other times,
He just needs sex.
In jest i wrote the previous line.
Forgive me,
I couldnt help it.

No comments: