Monday, March 22, 2004

Of Men, Girls and Blondes

It's been long.
Havent been in contact with the com for quite a while now.
I consider this an achievement, considering my predilection with the com and internet previously.
Been putting my fair share of effort into school work.
Which translates into me feeling a teeny wheeny bit of self-fulfillment.
It's important to not give up on oneself.
I've been thru stages and phases of self-hating and self-pity one too often in the past.
Nothing constructive comes out of these episodic affairs.
It's good to know one's own strengths and weaknesses.
Pity, not many people know theirs well.
Coz if one is in tune with him/herself, then one can take achievements and failures on the chin and avoid the common pitfall of arrogance and self-pity.
Anyway, had a rollin' gd time yesterday.
Some studying, so thus eliminating some guilt.
Then loads of blonde jokes.
It's funny i tell u.
At least to me.
Not least to my exasperated frenz.
And Mu won.
I was asked recently, by a friend's gf, that given a choice between a pretty face and a supportive but not so pretty face (as in girlfriend material), which would i choose?
My ans still stands: Is there even a choice in the 1st place?
No doubt there will be guys out there who go for pretty faces and then parade them as successful conquests and trophies to admiring friends and anyone who bothers to listen to their boasts.
But certainly, these pretty faces cant last, and no guy in their sane mind would go for mere pretty faces in their pursuit of marriage.
So which left: supportive girlfriends.
This criteria is not exclusive, neither is it be all end all.
It's only one of the many criterias that a guy should seek in a prospective partner.
What the others are depends on individuals.
What they need, want and lack.
I, for one, would need love, communication and encouragement.
I would want good sex, tenderness, good cooking and intelligence.
She's gotta be able to make me into a better individual.
Not that it isnt a personal strive for better-ment but rather what a cliche expresses: She completes me.
Damn!
I sound so love-lorn.
Haha......
Gotta run.
Got loadsa school work awaiting.

No comments: