Sunday, March 14, 2004

Single

Mu lost again.
Whatz new?
Someone got attached.
Now that's news.
Shall save him the interrogation till later.
Anyways, the Lonely Hearts Club's membership seems to be dwindling.
And i have an innate refusal to be associated with this Club.
It makes me sound as if i'm wallowing in self-pity and trying to gain sympathy.
Not that it was meant to convey such impressions and images.
A lot of acquaintances expressed mock concern and surprise that i'm still not attached.
And i do find it hard to explain why(to them).
The reason being, i have no need to explain my singlehood to anyone, cept myself.
"Don't be too choosy."
"What kind of gals u like? I intro to you."
"You sure or not? 2 sems already leh."
"Dont bluff!"
"So who you chasing?"
"But why?"
"I'm very sure you will find one very soon."
The typical answers(and questions) i get.
Everytime.
Seems like school's a big playground where couples roam hand in hand.
Where the windows of opportunity for romance are opening all the time.
But i gotta admit it's difficult for me to be attracted to a gal.
First, she's gotta attract me physically.
Not that i'm shallow, but that's the truth.
Then, the question of Fate stepping in to cross our paths.
It's gonna be hard for the physical attraction to sustain if our paths dont cross.
Then i need to be attracted to her personality.
I dont think there is a set or fixed kind of personality that i like.
Then i gotta feel the chemistry.
Whether the attraction is mutual.
Then there's the small matter of Time.
To know how strong the attraction is.
The i'll make my move.
Is there something wrong with these steps?
Coz i seem to be failing everytime.
Sometimes i fail at step 2 but mostly at step 4 and 5.
i think i'll die if the scenario with J happens every sem.
Much as i wanna state categorically that gals and relationships (sexual or not) are the furthest thing in my mind right now,
When night falls, and silence envelops,
I know i'm lying to myself.
Pretending.
In words, everything seems oh so clear.
Clearly, my actions and emotions disagree.
The paradoxical nature of being human.

Enough of this kind of reflections.
If one cannot put down the past, one cannot move on and embrace the future.
This not only applies to me, but also friends of mine. (you know who you are)
I wanna discuss about the Gahment's new carrot and stick measures to ensure the fertility rates go up.
And also the topic of Virginity(gals) and its inverse relationship with Desirability (gf material).
However, due to my constant emission of heat (sun-burnt), and the icky sticky feeling, i would much rather go bathe and sleep.
Some other time then.

No comments: