Wednesday, February 11, 2004

8 Reasons Why Scratching A Car Results In Emotional Upheavals

The scratching took place more than 10 days ago, yet it somehow managed to stay fresh in my mind. Luckily, i'm the only son, and my mum is quite a magnanimous person. So all seems to be forgotten a day after the Incident. Anyways, she was damn pissed when i sheepishly told her of my escapades.
Reason being, 1st: It was a new car, bought less than a few mths ago.
2nd: Mum's trust in me has been shattered.
3rd: My confidence shattered too.
4th: Chances to drive might be few and far between.
5th: Expenses incurred in re-spraying the paint and 'un-denting' the DENT.
6th: In retrospect, my blatant disregard for safety (mine and others).
7th: My character flaw is reflected in my driving (as aptly pointed out by my dad).
8th: People's confidence in my driving ability, which is usually closely associated with male pride, or to put it crudely, my manhood.
Well.... We all learn from mistakes. And that certainly stifled my innate urge to speed and cut corners. All is well now, and what remains are ugly reminders on the car door.

No comments: