Thursday, February 12, 2004

Love Labour's Lost

Dear ****,
First time i saw you,
I thought : "Nice Figure".
First time i heard you speak,
I thought : "Nice Voice".
First time i spoke to you,
I thought : "Nice Smile".
Subsequently i realise that
I attach the word 'Nice'
To basically everything about you.
From purely physical attraction,
I felt an emotional longing.
A longing to spend time with you;
To discover who **** really is,
To understand what makes her tick.
I couldn't stop gushing about you,
To exasperated friends.
I become a mumbling idiot in your presence,
But grin like a fool after u leave.
I am intrigued by your personality,
Charmed by your laughter,
Attracted to your passion,
Melted by your eyes,
But ultimately tortured by the ambiguity,
The ambiguity of how you feel towards me.
Oh! How i wished......
Wished that you would say:
"I feel the same way too."
I constantly suppress this prodigious expectation,
In fear of the the abyss of disappointment that might follow.
However there's one thing i can't suppress,
That is, my attraction to you.
Note that i don't use the word L-O-V-E,
Coz i don't really know what Love is.
And i do really want you to discover with me,
The meaning of this four-letter word.
Love Me.

No comments: