Thursday, June 10, 2004

Avarice

Oh!
And so i was accused of avarice/greed today.
Not in terms of material pursuits though.
Which looms in the distant with the impending Euro 04,
And my eventual part time gambling stint.
Anyway,
I was said to be greedy,
In terms of skirt chasing.
Lemme explain...
Obviously,
The comment wasnt a conclusion on my personality,
Or a damning charge.
However,
I felt the need to redress the injustice which i thought wasnt warranted.
Anyway,
For one to be pinned as greedy,
One would need to have something,
And still desired for more.
After acquiring more of that something,
One would still have an insatiable drive for more.
So the first premise here is that,
One needs to have something in the first place,
And the second premise would then swing in,
By desiring more of that something after initially acquiring it.
If the 1st premise is unsupported or inconclusive,
Then the 2nd premise wouldnt stand.
So i was charged with being greedy in my skirt-chasing,
With several names being brought up.
With all due honesty,
S is only a friend. Nothing more.
J is impossible. For now.
P? I've only seen her once. Hello!?
PP? I've juz got acquainted with her.
Obviously there are gonna be girls in my life.
However,
People seems to be missing the crucial point.
I am still a bachelor, alone, all by myself, unattached, single, available etc....
So there's no premise/grounds for surmising that i am greedy in the first place.
How can i be greedy when i have no one to call my own?
And obviously,
Humans are potentially more self-serving,
And knowing more girls doesnt neccessarily equate to being a two-timing bugger?
Who am i two-timing in the 1st place?
And obviously(again),
Why certain names are being brought up again and again,
Are coz i am attracted to certain qualities that those few girls emanate.
However,
To say that i am chasing them is wrong to a fault.
To say that i am in love with either is again unprovable.
To say that i am greedy is flawed.
But,
To say that i havent considered them as potentials is also misleading.
Which leads to my last point,
People,
I know you are all concerned,
Albeit a little about me,
And more about gossiping,
But when the time comes,
And the girl sashays into my life,
All will be duly informed...
And of coz,
I am a one-woman only guy.
Not that i only have eyes and heart for one woman,
But rather,
I would in no circumstance consider two-timing.
Afterall,
One character of my name (chinese) is Loyalty.
So spare me the verdict.
There's no crime in the first place.

No comments: