Monday, June 28, 2004

Too Fast Too Furious

Now that my elation has subsided,
I begin to think,
Think about whether my odds are high or low.
Obviously,
On the surface it seems pretty high,
But on the other hand,
Like what i told a certain T,
"Do not mistake friendliness for attraction."
I would want to hold true to what i've said,
But despite saying this,
I have reservations.
Sometimes we read too much,
And mistake coincidences for signs,
Signs that we infer,
And interpret to our whims and fancies.
Other times,
We fail to see or grasp small obvious actions/words,
And end up juz as lost as before.
I'm not in the mood to assume, to infer and interpret.
For either of the above that i do,
I'll only wander further from the actuality of the situation,
Then to trip and plunge back when reality hits.
What then do i do?
Do i sit back?
Or do i pursue?
Or do i do what i usually do -
Strike and withdraw, continuously?
I havent given much thoughts to this question yet,
And i'm sure it'll bother me for some time to come.
Obviously,
There has to be concerted action at some point of time,
However,
The judgment of this time could be the Deus ex Machina.
I juz pray that i dont falter,
Before the end is nigh.
And i believe:
A river will always find its way to the sea,
However long and winding the journey.

No comments: