Friday, June 04, 2004

Listen Understand Say

Now i sort of realised,
Why i havent been having much to comment/say/reflect,
These past days.
I have been out of sorts.
Keeping myself at home.
Playing games on my com.
Juz bumming around.
Had a few issues/theories bandied about in front of me these few days,
And i'm surprised that i havent spoken up,
As they are topics that i have strong opinions about.
But as i was enjoying the morning air while driving,
A 'crinkly' glare from an oncoming car,
Made me shiver with clarity.
Literally,
I saw the light.
Why i havent offered my opinions,
On this blog as well as in conversations or debates,
Is such...
"A man convinced against his will,
Is of the same opinion still."
What is the use of stating another perspective,
If one is so convinced of his/her own perspective,
That s/he had offered it in the 1st place?
Surely insights would have been gained by parties involved,
If perspectives were exchanged and received.
However,
A more skeptical me now,
Seems to assume that though people,
Might be persuaded to cross a No-man's land,
And see things from the other side,
They wouldnt stay long enough to be convinced.
And so what if they do stay convinced?
Is my perspective any more right and flawless?
Obviously not since i'm as human.
Sometimes i think i am a lazy selfish prick.
Other times i think not so.
When i was seventeen,
At an age of innocence,
I've thought of an island lost,
In a boundless sea,
Where i could live,
In a hidden valley,
Among strange trees,
In silence,
And find what i want,
Which has been obscured,
By eveyday life at this very station of life.
A fantasy? Not.
Juvenile? Definitely not.
Naive? Maybe.
Somehow, I'm more inclined as days pass,
To believe in this dream of mine,
That i would one day,
Muster up that foolish courage,
Throw down everything,
Riches and relationships and all,
And head for a new life.
I think about how huge the world is,
And i'm amazed,
At how small i really am.
My brain cant really comprehend,
A world of this magnitude.
A multitude of possibilities,
A legion of complexities,
A myriad of mini-worlds.
Maybe i should use my heart to navigate,
Coz it seems to be more seamless and voluminous.
Anyway,
Juz to share,
A quote that have put me in good stead,
For years now...
"Give every man thine ear,
But few thy voice;
Take each man's censure,
But reserve thy judgment."

No comments: