Monday, June 21, 2004

Furby

Not too long ago,
My sis bought a dog.
A shitzu actually.
Now,
This dog is named Furby.
It's only 3 months old.
A bundle of fur and yelps.
However,
This is not why i'm writing all these.
Since i'll be away for a camp for 5 days,
I shall leave you all with something hilarious.

Situation: Parents and sis and me and dog in living room.
Action: Dad and sis teaching dog to sit quietly on command.
Me: Reading papers, with one eye on them.
Dad: "Sit."
Dog continues jumping.
Dad: "Sit!!!"
Dog continues jumping.
Sis: "Lemme try. Furby, sit down." (waves a piece of biscuit in front of dog)
Dog sits reluctantly and expectantly.
Dad: "Good boy."
Dog runs off after munching biscuit.
Dad (yells after dog): "Furby! Come back here!!"
Dog gnaws at a piece of newspaper.
Sis: "Naughty boy!!"

Mum makes her grand entrance into this piece of action

Mum: "Told you all that he's a little deaf."
(To sis) : "See lah, spend all your hard earned $ on this deaf dog!"
Sis: "He's not deaf lah. Stop saying he's deaf." (coos to now resting dog)
Mum(adamantly): "You dont me believe me is it? I'll show you."
Mum to dog(claps her hands to catch its attention): "Bobby! Come here!"

All(in exasperation and laughter): "He's not called Bobby lah!!"

What can i say!?
Was still giggling to myself while i was bathing.
Cant believe it man!
My mum is damn funny,
In her own peculiar ways.
The only reason why she called the dog 'Bobby',
Is coz she cant pronounce 'Furby' properly.
And till now,
She's still insisting that the dog is deaf.
Haha....

No comments: