Monday, July 19, 2004

I fear
 
For a little while last night,
I was afraid.
A panic of terror seized me,
When i realised that i could lose easily,
What had took me a long long time to find.
I dont wish to exist,
On vestiges of happiness.
I dont wish to remember,
Memories,
When i cant create anymore.
I'm afraid of falling.
Who doesnt?
I'm as fragile as the situation dictates,
Who's fickle?
The arrestation of fear made me tremble,
And i hid under the relative safety of my blanket.
More thoughts,
And i surmised.
I dont cave in that easily.
That the initial fear was one of reflex reaction,
And not deliberate.
I dont give up without a fight.
I'm tenacious.
I will try my bloody best,
To stem the flow,
From which the fear begun its course.
I can do more than just fearing.
The fear that consumed me,
Could just as easily infect someone else,
And i cant allow that to happen.
With a steely resolve,
I write,
I wrote.
And i extinguished my demons.
 

No comments: