Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Looking through a glass, rose, darkly.

Havent blogged in like 1 week.
In blogging terms of time and space,
That is a rather lengthy period.
Which is usually characterised,
By certain personal developments,
Which thus leaves one without the desire nor strength,
To contemplate and leave the resulting prints online.
It has been an eventful one week.
I've visited dear old Esplanade for like 5 or 6 times past week.
I could almost find my way there blind-folded.
Or by juz sniffing the surrounding air.
However, much as i complain,
I feel an attachment for that place,
With its seraphic merlion and almost-romantic intimate winds.
Coz it is this place where i had several engaging conversations,
Which gave me warmth and made me smile.
And right now,
I'm viewing the world,
Through rose-tinted glasses.
It does give me a certain sense of anxiety
As i know that this hue wont last forever.
Neither would it be beneficial to always see things in rosy hues.
I'm not an optimist,
Most of the time,
Or so it seems.
Things are no longer that sombre and dismal,
Or so, as i view them,
And as i view myself.
Obviously,
There are still lots for myself to achieve and adapt to,
But right now,
I do approach them with much more self-belief and fortitude.
I've met friends whom i havent seen in ages,
And feel the same delightful charms and warmth emanating
From fond familiar faces.
It's like they've never left.
Steady footsteps,
On this new chapter of my life.
I cant ask for anything more.
And i dont.
It's so easy to preach,
And tell people to appreciate what they have at this instance of life,
But it's more difficult,
To slow down to a halt,
And look around,
See people for who they are,
Love them for who they are and have been,
And thank them for being there in your life.
And for me,
This silent appreciation is long over-dued,
And i am appreciating still.
Many wont read this,
Nor hear my thanks,
But i believe my silent prayers will reach them,
Latently or otherwise.

No comments: